If you as a parent areconcerned about a condition or behaviour that affects your child’s ability to learn or his participation in the school or social environments, such as:
- An inability tolearn that cannot be explained by intellectual, sensory, or health factors.
- An inability to build or maintain satisfactory interpersonal relationships with parents, peers and teachers.
- Inappropriate types of behavior or feelings under normal circumstances, e.g. aggressive behaviour.
- A general pervasive mood of unhappiness or depression.
- A tendency to develop physical symptoms or fears associated with personal or school problems.
- If it is unclear or difficult to specify special educational needs exactly for your pre-school child because he/she is young and his/her needs tend to change.
- An identified special educational need that requires special arrangements in order to meet these needs. These include general learning difficulties affecting all aspects of performance, specific learning difficulties affecting particular aspects of performance, language and communication difficulties, sensory difficulties such as visual and hearing impairment, physical difficulties, behavioural difficulties and complications arising from medical problems.