can include information gathering from parents, families and others involved in
the child’s life and building on what is already known about the child from
teachers or previous therapies.
assessment can include establishing the level of:
- understanding of spoken language and body
- expression through speaking and body language
- production and use of sounds
- ability to use language in a social context
- play skills
- eating, drinking and swallowing
include formal and informal assessment, such as using a specific test or
observing a child while engaging in play or a conversation.
assessment is completed, the therapist will develop a Treatment Plan with
specific long- and short-term goals. Therapy commences and the parents or
caregivers are regularly informed and guided in how to continuously support
their child’s development.